Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Indispensable Low Carb Veg Recipes

When I need inspiration, I visit Linda's or one of the low carb forums. Other low carb dieters never let me down. Having said that, the following have been indispensable in my weight loss:

- Linda's Mockafoni (with Neufchatel instead of full-fat cream cheese)
- Linda's Deep Dish Pizza (with Neufchatel & egg replacer instead of cream cheese & eggs) topped with green peppers, olives or mushrooms
- Rachel Stella's cheesecake made with full-fat cream cheese!
- David's aunt's holiday pumpkin rolls
- cream cheese danishes (made with neufchatel instead of full-fat cream cheese)
- Linda's Fried "Rice" with Quorn tenders added for protein
- my Cougar Gold Cauliflower cheese soup
- spinach egg "bread" (with egg replacer subbing in for 2 of the 4 eggs)

Other meals I enjoyed were stewed rhubarb with Sweetzfree (sucralose), taco-less taco salads (with Mexican-spiced ground Quorn Roast subbing for meat), fried eggs with Walden's no-calorie syrup drizzled on them, and bleu cheese salads with almonds and chopped egg.

There are some amazing recipes out there. Just let your taste guide you and you'll find true treasures.

And one more tip before I go: cultivate a love for dark chocolate. When you can eat Dagoba's 99% and grin, you'll know you've arrived.

~L

No comments: